Monday, July 24, 2006

life is a breeze, we live it for fun...

When I was 5 years old and about to start kindergarten, I worried because I thought maybe they'd want me to speak another language, and I didn't know any other languages. Seriously, I worried and worried. Then my mom reminded me that I had learned to count to ten in spanish on Sesame Street, and I was okay again. Life is supposed to be carefree for a child of 5, but I was busy worrying. My mom says I worried about everything. I worried about stray cats and dogs... I worried that flowers were sad when you picked one but not its neighbor... I worried that my stuffed animals were scared at night if they didn't get to sleep in the bed.... the list goes on and on.

No wonder I'm the way I am today. I still constantly worry about things over which I have no control. I worry when my husband is late coming home that something bad has happened to him... I worry about bills, not so much being able to pay them as much as how long it's going to take to pay them off.... I worry about my dogs being home alone when the husband and I are at work... I worry every night that there's going to be someone who tries to break into our house. I worry that if I don't remember to pray every single day for every single person I know, and something bad happens to them, that it's somehow my fault. These are weird things to worry about, I know that. I try so hard to let go of my worries, and sometimes it works....

I kinda wish my biggest worry was about stuffed animals again.

1 comment:

Kent said...

That happens to a lot of us. I always wonder how much prayer affects all of us.