Tuesday, November 14, 2006

looking but not really seeing

I am the queen of not being able to find things that are right in front of my face....my car keys, an important paper, my staple remover (oh the blessed staple remover! I would be lost without thee!), etc. I'm also notorious for (seemingly) looking right at someone I know and not saying hi...the reason being because I didn't actually SEE them. It's not that they've got uninteresting, unnoticeable qualities... it's just that I'm in my own realm of whatever else I've got on my mind and totally overlook them. (side note: this happens most frequently while I'm driving and while I'm in wal-mart. Please don't be offended if I don't wave in either place.)

I'm intrigued by this at this moment and even felt moved to type about it. Sometimes what you're looking for is right in front of your face...you've even looked at it several times, but you haven't taken the time to really SEE it. Whether it be a staple remover, a friend, a lover, or whatever you're seeking... have you really taken the time to see past the end of your nose?

As you have probably noticed, I'm a simple girl with simple thoughts. My "writing" isn't creative and usually doesn't have a point. But as my title points out... these are just ramblings of a girl who likes to ramble. Plain and simple.

4 comments:

Nessa said...

I also tend to stare right through people, or, more often, stare at them and nod while not listening to a word they're saying.

Nessa said...

And also, Vanilla anything is gross. Except ice cream. Ice cream good.

Amy, queen of the world. said...

I'm also guilty of hearing but not listening...

Nessa said...

thanks!