Wednesday, October 10, 2007

adorableness


So... the king of chunky monkies (my baby) will be 6 weeks old tomorrow. I have to go back to work tomorrow. I hate that. A LOT.

He's grown so much in 6 weeks, it's crazy. I'm still amazed that I've been able to keep another human being alive for 6 weeks.... it's harder than you can imagine. He now weighs 11 lbs 6 oz... well, that was last week, he might weigh more now! He enjoys his eating, that's for sure!

He broke out with a horrible case of eczema all over his face, and it has since spread to his chest, arms, and legs... but it isn't as bad on his chest, arms, and legs as it was on his poor little face. We took him to the doctor, and he said he was reacting to something he's allergic to, but we just don't know what. He figured it was lactose-based formula (I was supplementing breast milk with formula... now he's only on formula. Another story ENTIRELY.) so he banned him from lactose-based and put him on soy-based... (hello expensive.) But he also thought that he's probably allergic to cigarette smoke. The husband's parents smoke. So he's been banned from being around cigarette smoke for now... and hopefully his grandparents will start visiting us at our house so that he can still see them (because, duh, they're his grandparents) but he doesn't have to be exposed to something that could be causing him to have an allergic reaction. His face is almost cleared completely up now, though, so one of the two was probably the culprit.

Milestones he's hit already: He got totally pissed off at me for lying him down on the floor on a blanket while I went to his dresser to find him more clothes, so to show me a thing or two, he rolled over from his back to his tummy! He's only done it that one time, but it kinda scared me! He also smiles now, even when he's not gassy or sleepy. Suuuuuch a cute smile. Observe.






















And here's more cuteness, just for the heck of it.


2 comments:

Nessa said...

Bah, you think that's chunky monkey... just wait. My babies keep getting bigger, this one's doomed to be monstrous. We find out what color it is next Thursday.
Going to work sucks. I completely understand. Especially when they're little and still cute and not screaming "NO!" in your face.

Nessa said...

Sonogram says blue. Alas.