Thursday, November 20, 2008

long day

It's been a very long day. I stayed home from work yesterday because 1) I didn't feel good and 2) I had a million things to do at home.....business to attend to. So, as I kinda mentioned in the last post, the baby and I stayed in PJs til past noon. Then we got dressed and took care of the million things of business. And I felt more accomplished yesterday than I have felt in lots of days of teaching. I don't know, maybe it's because it's getting so close to Thanksgiving and then Christmas. Maybe it's because I need a break. Maybe it's because I haven't won the lottery yet like I've so desperately wanted to. Perhaps all of the above. But there's something about watching Golden Girls when I'm supposed to be at work, changing my baby's diaper and then putting his PJ bottoms right back on instead of getting him dressed, eating in the living room with my little monster, taking a nap on the couch with my little monster..... it makes me want to do those things EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY LIFE. Seriously. That's what I want to do with my life. Be with my child. Children, actually. I want to have at least one more, maybe two more. I want to be home with them. I want to bake them cookies and have crazy fun. But the practical, realistic side of me always goes back to stupid money and stupid financial responsibilities and stupid everything that is anti-my dream. *le sigh*

But I digress. Today was very long. I came back to my poor assistant pretty much kissing my feet. She came in the door saying "please let her be here, please let her be here...OH YOU'RE HERE!! THANK GOD!!!" The kids were NOT perfect angels yesterday with the substitute. Not to mention that the substitute was literally no more than a warm body sitting in my chair. She had no control whatsoever. The school counselor came into my classroom several times to herd my crazy class, and every time, the sub was sitting in my chair pretty much doing nothing. Good thing my computer is password protected, otherwise she probably would have just been sitting there surfing the net.

So basically I was forced to be a bear today. 1) I didn't feel good. And 2) The kids were on my nerves after I found out how bad they were for the sub. It's like I had to retrain them from scratch today...everything from not talking in the hallways to raising their hands to speak or ask a question.

I don't like days like this, but the good news is that tomorrow is FRIDAY! TGIF x 2340928.

No comments: