Saturday, August 15, 2009

so...

School's about to start. I've been working in my classroom for a while... let's just say, thank God for nesting instincts because I FINALLY cleaned out my filing cabinets, threw 6 or 7 trash bags full of stuff away, and consolidated from 3 filing cabinets down to two!

And I'll hopefully have a smaller class this year than I have had in the past couple of years. Last year I had about 27 kids. This year, my starting number is looking like about, oh, 19ish. Here's hoping it stays that way. Our principal is convinced that the school board just won't have small class sizes because BRAC!!(Base Realignment And Closure.) (they've been claiming that an influx of Army families, thus an influx of children, would be hitting L-town like gangbusters soon for oh, 3 or 4 years now?) Except one thing-- our numbers are going down. I hope they let us keep our small class sizes. It's better for the students.

In other news, the little guy is baking nicely. Making my tummy round. Like it wasn't already. Ha ha.

I wish I was more of a picture-taker, because I realize that blogs are boring without pictures. I just don't take a lot of pictures, and when I do, I don't upload them right away because it takes 230492384098 years for my stupid computer to upload pictures.

What's new with you?

No comments: