Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy's day







I remember the moment my husband became a father. Well, I mean, my husband was a father for 41 weeks prior to that moment, but the moment my son was born is the moment I'm referring to. I was in labor for what felt like 2340928320498 hours, only to end up in the operating room, listening to my doctor talk about Kevin Costner movies and how Brinks home security was at his house and he was still stuck at the hospital. (That, my friends, was a playful guilt trip because he wasn't even on call that evening, but my doctor knew I was scared of doctors, so he wanted to stay with me and deliver my son... too bad he didn't realize that my son didn't wanna come out, and was not delivered until 10:08PM!) Anyway, all of that to say... I remember when my husband became a father.

Me: Is he okay? **baby starts crying**
Him: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh...**Entire face lights up and tears stream down***
Me: What does he look like?
Him: I don't know.. he's purple, and he has a cone head!

lol

Almost 3 years later, my son is no longer purple, nor does he have a cone head, but my husband's face still lights up when he sees his children in the same way it did in that first moment that he became a father.

Happy Father's day, big M. Your children are so blessed to have you as their Daddy.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Awwwww.... that is SO sweet!

Happy Father's Day, big M!

meagan said...

my doctor talked about the dallas cowboys....

happy fathers day to him!

Amy, queen of the world. said...

With Dylan, the anesthesiologist talked about going to a movie after he got finished with me because his family was out of town... the two residents that did the c-section just had some playful banter back and forth (and the anesthesiologist was involved in that, too), and I remember listening to the radio... it was playing Prince's Raspberry Beret at one point... Elton John's I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues at another... and I'm pretty sure some Sinead O'Connor. lol

Thank you, ladies, for wishing my hubby a happy Father's day. :) I hope you and yours had a wonderful day too.. ours was awesome!