Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Six months!


Can you believe it? Can you?! Because I CAN'T! My baby is half of a year old. SIX MONTHS!

What have you been up to?

*You are getting so big and rolly... we just love the chunkiness on your thighs and arms... and even the chub-roll on your knees! :) You haven't been weighed for a while... you should get weighed at your well-baby appointment (that I still haven't made. Your mommy is a procrastinator!)

*You wear 3-6 month clothes, but you're transitioning into 6-9 month clothes nicely.

*You wear a size 2 diaper. You didn't make it through all the size newborns, 1s, and 1-2s that people gave us at your baby showers, but you have a sweet new cousin named Sophia who is due any day now, and she will inherit all of your unused diapys. :)

*You roll around like the wind blows... you seem to get where you want to go, but you haven't figure out that when you roll on your tummy, if you roll to your back the same way you came, you kind of cancel out any movement you made. lol.. still, it's adorable to watch you flip-flop.

*And man, oh man, do you have a thing for kicking these days!! I think if you could spend your waking hours with nothing else to do except kicking those legs furiously, you'd be happy as a clam!

*You've finally, FINALLY found your feet! Your OT will be so proud! She's been wanting you to find your feet so you can strengthen your core area!

*You're starting to grab toys and bring them to your mouth!

*We still haven't started you on any solid foods... you just seem so content with the boobie-milk.

*You are becoming a babbler!! You like to "talk" to Mommy, and it seems like you're truly trying to tell me a story. It's mostly one or two noises you're making, but bygolly you're saying SOMETHING! :)

*Your funniest milestone this month has been the blowing raspberries thing. So stinking cute!

*I've been so blessed to stay home with you and get to know your every single move, not to mention being available for every single appointment you've had so far. I pray that I get to be home with you, at least until you're finished with the early intervention program and graduate on to school. We shall see what happens... Mommy and Daddy are still weighing the pros and cons of going to work vs. staying home... Daddy wants me to be home with you! And your ornery big brother, of course!

7 comments:

Kate said...

Sighhhhh.... what a package of "Completely Adorable" you have there! :)

Maybe someday would you tape a clip of him 'talking'? I LOVE LOVE LOVE baby babble and since I am still waiting to go get my girls, I am living vicariously through your beautiful son (yes, I realize that makes me sound creepy, but I know you know what I mean). :)

Happy half-birthday, Dylan!

Kelly said...

Happy 1/2-Birthday, Dylan!! Wow, look at all the wonderful things you can do:) Whatever will the next 6 months bring.......hmmm??!!

Chromosomally Enhanced said...

Yeah for Dylan...I love the rasberries! Maddie still uses them as a second language! great job to both of you!! smiles

boogiewonderland said...

He is absolutely beautiful. This post gave me a desperately needed smile today. :)

Megan said...

Dylan, you're a STAR! And no, I can't believe it's been six months. That can't be right ;-) Get yourself a cupcake and celebrate, girl!

Jenny said...

Happy six months Dylan!!! Russell is seven months today, it is going by fast isnt it!

toes said...

I can't believe he's already 6 months old!! He is sooo precious! It's funny how he reaches all those milestones on his own time (but still not too far behind). He's just chillin'! I love him and his big bro!!