Wednesday, June 02, 2010

What a wonderful world....

I see skies of blue

clouds of white

Bright blessed days

dark sacred nights

And I think to myself

What a wonderful world...



I remember sitting in 8th grade English class, listening to that song. My teacher wanted us to really listen to the lyrics. I was a 13 year old cynic, and I protested out loud about how the world isn't THAT wonderful, what with all the pollution, crime, and natural disasters that happen. My teacher, ever the optimist, wanted me to look PAST all of that and see the beautiful things about our lives and our country and our world. I just couldn't SEE the beautiful things then.


Oh, I can see them now.


And that sweet, optimistic teacher of mine? Well, her family is about to go through a really rough, trying time. Her daughter, who is only 29 and just had a baby a few months ago, has been diagnosed with stage-4 adenocarcinoma, which originated in her lungs. And you know what? I bet, even with Meghan going through aggressive chemotherapy treatments and the fear of losing her very life, that family will STILL think to themselves, "What a wonderful world." They're just filled with God that way. :)


I'm blessed to have been touched by this family.

If you're the praying type, please pray for this girl (it's hard for me to admit that she's now a woman, because in my mind, people I knew when they were little are ALWAYS little...saves me from feeling old. :). Here is her caringbridge site, if you would like to keep up with her journey.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/meghandelobe

4 comments:

Kate said...

This is so sad! I just prayed for Meghan and will continue to lift her to God.

I'm so sorry this has happened to your friend.

Shelly said...

I love that song! I have put your friend in my book and will be continuing to lift her in prayer. And I totally relate to people staying young in my head!

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear this news. Meghan and her family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Erin said...

praying for your friend..... and what a cool memory you have of being so young...