Friday, September 10, 2010

Letting the consciousness stream. Or.. something.

This has been a long week, even though technically it was a short week. First grade is wearing me down. I feel like a floppy fish out of water. I'm trying, though, and I think I'll get used to it.

Dylan was supposed to have an EGD done on Thursday, but I postponed it til toward the end of the month. Dylan has a bit of a cold right now, and with his nose being so stuffy and/or runny in the mornings especially, I didn't feel good about him being sedated. The thought of it was very unsettling. Hopefully he'll be good to go by the 23rd, which is the new date.

Dylan also had his last appointment with his current OT. Her husband is in the military, and he's being stationed at Fort Bragg in North Carolina. They're slated to move next week. We are sad to see her go. But we met the new lady that will be coming over, and she's really nice. She's a former high school special ed teacher.

They (his now former-OT and his new one) were impressed with Dylan's new-found prop-sitting skill. I'm excited to see where he goes and what he does next.

The big boy is doing well. He's ornery and naughty at times (most of the time), but he's still sweet(when he's sleeping). Today he was in Dylan's room, and he somehow managed to pull Dylan's dresser completely over. I've praised God about a trillion times that Michael wasn't hurt at all, and that Dylan was napping in his swing in the living room....because about 30 minutes earlier, Dylan was in the room with Michael, lying on the floor playing while they both watched Elmo on DVD. I'm so thankful that neither of them were hurt, but it shook Michael up pretty badly. He came out screaming and shaking... I held him, hugged him, gave him big kisses on his tear-stained cheeks, and asked him if he was okay. He said "Yes, I'm okay, but the DRESSER FELL DOWNNNNNN." I see that, sweetie. hehe

I'm glad it's the weekend, but I have a lot to do. I think my house is about to explode with dirty laundry. It would be pretty embarrassing to see my undies and big M's socks flying through the neighborhood because our laundry room exploded. Tomorrow is our niece's birthday (party... her actual birthday is Sunday), and she'll be 5. I can't believe she's already 5. That was THE fastest 5 years ever. Happy birthday, Tori!

It's way past my bedtime right now. Goodnight, friends.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad everything is ok...could you all tether the dresser to the wall? I used to read a blog where the youngest died from a falling dresser & I've been freaked out about those ever since.

Have a great weekend!

Amy, queen of the world. said...

I have SERIOUSLY typed three replies now, and all three of them have magically disappeared. *sigh*

We are either going to tether the dresser that's in there now, or get a new dresser and tether that. The dresser we have now is not heavy at all, but it's tall. And I still don't want it squishing my babies. The bad thing about that dresser (other than the tallness, and thus the temptation for my 3 year old to climb it, apparently) is that the drawers close too quickly and smoothly with no catch, and little M has smooshed his fingers in there several times. (Although this is the first time he's actually tried to climb it.) We're thinking of getting a short, long one, like we've got in little M's room.
*sigh* Leave it to Hurricane Michael to try to destroy his brother's furniture. lol

Courtney said...

When I was about 3, I pulled my dresser over onto myself. Luckily I escaped with "just" cracking my head open. All I have left now is a scar and a story. I think I'll be figuring out a way to tether our dresser when B gets old enough!

Amy, queen of the world. said...

It's definitely something you don't even think about until something happens (or until you know someone who had it happen)! I'm glad you're okay... life would be pretty boring without a Courtney (and a baby Ben)!!

Erin said...

god bless little boys! always trying to climb something :) SO glad he is ok.

Kelly said...

So glad he is ok....that story makes my heart stop! Hope you get some laundry done. :)