1) school is out. This was one of my very favorite school years. I had an awesome class.
2) Little m will be heading to transitional first grade next year, which isn't offered everywhere, but it is here. It is all about getting an extra year to mature while getting challenged academically. He did so well in kindergarten (refer back to my post where I moved him from his preschool because of some terrible things the director was saying about him), he was just immature. Almost all trouble he did have stemmed back to him being a full year younger than some of the kids in his class. So t-1 it is. I loved having him at my school, but he will go to another school next year.
3) The Dylanator will be in his same class again next year. That's good, because we love his teachers and they love him! He is getting so big and his attempts to have conversations are coming more and more frequently. He only says one syllable of multisyllabic words. Usually the second syllable. For instance, my kids call my mom Neena... Dylan says "na." My sister Melissa is "sa." He (and little m both) love reruns of Hee Haw... or "haw" in Dylanese. He can say Dora and backpack very plainly, though. So it's one of those things where he can communicate with me because I know what he's trying to say, but any outsider would be completely lost. Oh, but we ARE now Mommy and Daddy instead of mama and dada! Progress.
4) My dad is very sick. He has IgG kappa myeloma, which is a blood cancer. He's in stage 3. He's staying strong and hanging in there, getting both IV and oral chemos. We are very proud of the fight he's putting up, and we will continue to pray for his strength and healing. I love you, daddy!
5) The husband and I will celebrate 8 years of wedded bliss here pretty quickly. We celebrated 12 years of being together in early June. I deserve some kind of medal here... Heh
6) got my hair chopped. It was touching my butt and driving me crazy. It's now just a little below my shoulders at its longest layer.
7) eh, the words are boring. Pictures, anyone?
My dad and me.
Anyway, I think that about covers a big chunk of it. Goodnight!